Sunday, December 07, 2008

More Shots on Goal - Dating Commentary #30

One of my good friends (and cheerleader) tells me all the time that dating is all about the number of shots on goal and if one shot misses, you are just one shot closer to the goal. I like this theory and think that it is true. You learn more about yourself and the person that will compliment you and complete you when you date. I definitely know the traits of a person that I would like to spend my life with but also know that no one is perfect and no one will meet all of these.

She also reminded me that I don't want to be with anyone that doesn't want to be with me. You can't make someone love you or make them do all the things that make you feel appreciated (ie bringing you your favorite drink, buying you a shirt, leaving you a nice note, sending you a random text during the day, complimenting your hair/shirt, etc).

Another friend mentioned that deep down you know when something is right and when it is wrong - whether or not you want to admit it. Everything can line up perfectly but the x factor can be missing and no matter how hard you try to make it work or no matter how much you want it to work, if you are honest then you know you are better off not together and that someone else will compliment you better.

Tough lessons but important ones when you are on the search for a life partner.

1 comment:

Greg and Callie said...

Love the sports analogy ;)

web stats