Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where's the Romance - #32

I ask "Where is the Romance?" and "Is Romance dead?". When was the last time I had a date that showed up with flowers or a nice card tucked into the seat of my car? It was probably 10 years ago when I was dating a guy in college. Although I do remember one first date that showed up with a mixed CD for me and a rose. Nice...no, creepy. My guy friend and I were discussing this the other day and he said "Do you really want flowers" and I said "no". What I want is a guy to do something for me that he knows I will like. That shows 1 - That he knows me and 2 - That he is thinking of me. Recently I received a flask and a bottle of liquor from a guy friend - romantic no but he knew I wanted one and he must have been thinking of me. This was also from a guy friend (whether or not he wants it to be more is in question) but never-the-less, I just want to be friends and his act of kindness shows me that romance isn't dead and if he is doing it then a guy that I am dating can certainly do it. So bring on the flasks and liquor! JK

Also, another way to show you care is to go out of your way for a person. This can be done by picking them up or taking them to the airport. Making time for them in your busy life, etc. So there are more ways to show your love than flowers and chocolate.

No comments:

web stats