Monday, September 22, 2008

Pursuit - Dating Commentary #18b

Today I got home and had an email from a friend of mine asking me on a date with a clear plan. He mentioned the date, time, what we would do and then gave me an option to decide on part of the date. Clearly, he has interest and a plan. I guess I am old fashioned but I appreciate that. I am excited about going out with him - for once someone who is purusing me and not leaving me guessing on whether or not this is a date. It is refreshing!

To follow that up, I was out with friends last night and met a guy who was a mutual friend. He also asked me out and was very kind and complimentary. It was unusual, unexpected and quite nice. So I am also going out with him.

I am looking foward to the dates but my heart it elsewhere. Why does our heart always seem to want what we can't have or want the person that doesn't seem to return the interest. Instead of just saying we are done, we continue to try to make it work. At some point, I will have to say "enough is enough" and realize that is not the path I am meant to take.

No comments:

web stats