Saturday, February 10, 2007

Men and Women Can't Be Friends Part 2

So again my theory that men and women can't be just friends has been proven true. I do think some married men and women can be friends and even single people and married people of the opposite sex can be friends but that is getting off the topic. Men and women can't be just friends because eventually someone will want something more. And once the line is crossed - whether by action or words - you can't go back. Things will be wierd. You can try to make it not be wierd but it will be. Because now you wonder what each and every action means. You try to interpret it, analyze it, beat it to death. Of course this is where us women should realize that actions mean NOTHING to men. They don't think, they don't plot, they don't scheme, they just do. They mean nothing by anything that they do. But us women ALWAYS want it to mean something so we try to figure it out. So once that line is crossed and one party isn't interested or doesn't want to pursue things, then please do us women a favor and shut the door. Don't leave the door open or even cracked because then we will wonder, ponder, analyze. If the door is shut we will just think you are a jerk but the good news is that we probably think you are a jerk anyway so either way you lose. I know that I am personally guilty of not shutting the door - you say "sure we can go out again" but really you don't want to and you don't return calls or avoid the person because you don't want to hurt their feelings. I have done this - guilty as charged. But being on the other side of things, please hurt my feelings. Just tell me how you feel and what you think. Either way, I will think you are a jerk and I will be mad, hurt, upset but I will get over it. And I will still think you were a jerk.

After all that bashing and channeling Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy, I feel like I should leave on a positive note. Here is an article that my mom sent me about How to Choose a Man to Marry.

No comments:

web stats