Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

I just finished Nicholas Spark's latest book Dear John last week. It was the 3rd book I started this year but the 2nd one for me to finish. I am still working may way through the 2nd book. I think I have cried at the end of every Nicholas Sparks book. His books really are all the same - he makes you fall in love with the characters and then some tragedy happens and it makes me cry. The ironic thing is that I am not a cryer - I didn't cry during We are Marshall and that movie was really touching given it was based on real events. So I was pretty mortified when I am on a plane crying because I just finished the book. I wouldn't even say this was my favorite Sparks book. Of course I fell in love with John and Savannah the main characters but really only Part 1 of the book was good. Part 2 and 3 didn't really give a lot of detail and hear I am crying anyway. The first book I ever cried while I was reading was The Notebook - another of Sparks books. I have actually read it twice and was able to keep my eyes dry during the 2nd reading. I watched The Notebook on Friday night and luckily made it through with dry eyes - I still love that story though. So there is my not-really-a-review of book #2 in 2007.

No comments:

web stats