Monday, November 27, 2006

The Worst Show on TV

Last week while I was enjoying my vacation, I also enjoyed a lot of TV. I believe I came across the worst show on TV. It pretty much showcases how low America has sunk for entertainment. The show I am talking about is William Shatner's Show Me the Money. The tagline which was stolen from the Jerry Maguire movie could have promise but doesn't. Basically the show is under the guise of being a triva show but complete with strippers shaking their booty throughout the show. The contestant is asked a series of trivia questions - for each round, they have a choice of 3 questions but can pass up to 2 times in an attempt to find a "good" question to answer. Once they have "locked" in to their final answer, the contestant picks a girl in a skimpy outfit dancing around a pool (some may call them strippers). Once the girl is choosen, she pulls out a scroll with a money amount. The amount is added to the contestant's pot if their answer is correct but is removed if the answer is wrong. The contestant can be wrong 6 times or right 6 times before they are done. I felt dumber as I watched the show especially since most of the questions are pop culture related and anyone who reads People magazine or watches MTV will know. I was more offended by the strippers dancing in unison every 5 seconds - the auidence might as well have gone to their local strip club over watching this show. At least the local strip club has promise to be more entertaining.

3 comments:

Greg and Callie said...

Hey Brooke, I'm just getting caught up on your posts! I have to disagree about the show though, I think Flavor of Love is the worst show on television... (although Greg loves it!) And I love Bradley Whitford on Studio 60, although I never remember to watch, he was my fav on West Wing too...

Brooke said...

That is true Flavor of Love is way worse. I couldn't even sit through the show that long - it was basically a flip of the channel as soon as I heard "Flava, Flave!". You should definitely watch Studio 60 - I want it around for another season. Tell all of your friends!

Jeff Shumas said...

I must disagree..the show is SHAT-TASTIC!!!! It is worth tuning in just to watch the segments of THE SHAT bustin' a move. It's priceless. Who doesn't love THE SHAT?!?!?!

web stats