Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Book

I am shocked that anyone and I stress ANYONE would think that it would be a good idea to have OJ Simpson write a book titled "I Did It, Here's How It Happened". How did this book even get published and shipped so that it had to be recalled? If Simpson or his agent brought this idea to a publisher, they should have never given him an appointment to talk about it. That is ridiculous. If I didn't think he was guilty before, then the book definitely makes me think he is guilty. I think the book gives reason to judge him even more harshly in the court of public opinion. The book should have been titled "I would have done it this way so I wouldn't have been caught" because isn't that really what he is saying? He is lucky that he wasn't convicted and now he is exploiting the fact that he was tried and found not guilty instead of keeping a low profile and just simply "being" part of society. I feel bad for his children because they not only lost their mom but people believe their father killed her. I feel bad for Nicole and Ron's families to have to yet again relive this nightmare. What was the publisher thinking? After the whole James Frey debacle (remember his book A Million Little Pieces?), shouldn't publishers be held accountable for what they publish? I am all for freedom of speech but I am also for personal integrity and I don't think you are upholding your own integrity if you allow criminals and liars to take advantage of freedom of speech to make a buck.

No comments:

web stats