Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Great Movie Quotes

I was rereading my blog about all we women want is a little romance. It reminded me of one of my favorite "romantic" and true quotes from Runaway Bride:

"Maggie Carpenter: [on the perfect proposal and her actual proposal to Ike Graham] Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me. "

I think sometimes we get caught up the romance and the idea of a wedding and when it comes down to it we aren't in love with another person, we are in love with the idea of "love". I love this line because I think it shows that you know love is more than just about romance - it is about being there for someone else in the tough times, it is about a partnership, it is about forever no matter what (well, there are some exeeptions but in general an "I do" should mean "I do forever" not "I do until something better comes along"). This quote acknowledges that there will be hard times, there will be times that you fight, there will be times when you want to leave but you want to travel life with this other person and you want to go through those times as well as the good times. I love it!

No comments:

web stats