Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Six Degrees of Separation

Today at work, I was contemplating the theory of 6 degress of separation. I started to think of all the people that I could connect to that would reach someone famous or some far corner of the Earth. I will start with the traditional way to connect to Kevin Bacon.

me - coworker - coworker's brother (Denzel Washington) - in Philadelphia with Tom Hanks - in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon

me - coworker - coworkers son - married to PDiddy's sister - PDiddy - JLo

me - high school friend - in band with Charles Kelley - brother of Josh Kelley - dating Katherine Heigel - works on Grey's with McDreamy (aka Patrick Dempsey)

me - college friend - works for Sonny Perdue (GA govenor) - interviewed on the Today show's Matt Lauer - interviewed crazy Tom Cruise - marrying Katie Holmes

me - college friend - has an uncle - worked for Jimmy Carter - met with world leaders (only 4 but it could go so many directions)

me - college friend - was on Oprah - she's been to Africa to give out soccer balls (only 4 again but that is practically a country!)

me - college friend - her sister writes for the soap opera General Hospital - Kelly Monaco - many more stars

So I could go on but these are the bigs ones that I thought of. I think the world may really be connected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I know you so I'm connected to all these people too!

Greg and Callie said...

Brooke you are very connected. Could you get me Denzel's number in case things don't work out with Greg, ha ha.... I'm supposedly kin to Gene Roddenbery who created Star Trek, wait I'm not sure that is a good thing...

I updated the blog so check it out!!

web stats