Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Devotions

Here are some verses that have been thought-provoking and comforted me lately. I wanted to share but also want them as a reference for myself later.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 says:
7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. (NIV)
This verse gives me hope. Whatever I am in the middle of now, I should be learning something even if it is going through a hard situation.

Proverbs 13:12 says:
12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. (NIV)
This verse also gives me hope. I can trust that something will happen but the waiting part can be hard. I can be tempted to take things into my own hands instead of waiting for the right timea. If I am patience, the reward I reap will be much better. When the timing is right, I will be better prepared for what is ahead.

I pulled the verses from an online bible - very helpful tool.

No comments:

web stats