Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Case for Faith

I am currently reading "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel. Lee Strobel is a journalist and his goal in writing the book is to investiage the toughest objections to Christianity. There are 8 chapters that each dive into common objections. The book is very academic - Lee Stobel presents the objections to a different world reknown expert in the area in question and the two have a dialog. I like it because I am an academic person and I like to know facts and have facts that back up atheory. Anyone that has questions about Christianity or wants to learn more, then this is the book for you. It is a great door opener, discussion starter. It's a book that challenges your thinking and makes you want to learn more.

I was reading Ch 5 today and I think the statements that rang true to me were:
"How a person lives and how he treats his neighbor is very important" came his reply.
"But it is not more important than what he believes, because the way he lives is reflective of what he believes..." (pg 156)

"Beacause we are moral human beings, we want to see equity. But when we reduce equity to issues of who behaved in what way during a given span of time, we miss the whole concept of equity..." (pg 158)

"The Bible says, 'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart.' Think about that - that's an amazing promise." (pg 165)

I think these are all great things to think about, chew on, contemplate, learn more about, research. That's why I love this book!

No comments:

web stats