Sunday, November 23, 2008

How soon is too soon? - Dating Commentary #28

So now that I have mastered going out on a date...let me start again - Now that I have gone out on a few dates...I am now trying to figure out how soon is too soon. How do you start integrating your lives together. When do you invite someone to sporting events with your friends, when do you start expecting to see them more than once on the weekend, when do you know the plans they have for the weekend? It is a frustrating and maybe a little fun time. I guess it is the getting to know you phase.

I think this is part of the DTR conversation but I am not willing to bring it up. As my sister says "You are so the guy in the relationship because you don't want to committ and you are slow to call people back." Ok, so I am not the typical girl who wants to be quick to say we are "boyfriend/girlfriend", I mean a girl needs to keep her options open. But at the same time, I would like a little more consistency (aka planning) to what is going on. I do want to be included on things and want to be more than a buddy or pal that you see once a week. So, what do you do? I guess I should follow my own advice and "Say what you need to say" and have that DTR but I don't want to rock the waters, we shall see what happens...to be continued:)

2 comments:

Greg and Callie said...

I'm probably not the one to ask, I asked Greg home to Easter after we'd been seeing each other about 3 weeks LOL And our second date was me taking him w/ me to a friends birthday.

But I figured that it was better to do these sooner than later. If you wait, it is awkward and feels like a DTR, but if you do it sooner, it can still feel friendsy, and then you have all that meet the parents and friends awkwardness out of the way.

Brooke said...

Good point. I think if you want to invite them then go ahead and do it because it does begin to feel DTRish. I guess if you have to think about it, that may be saying something about the relationship. If you want to spend time with them, then do it.

web stats