Monday, January 01, 2007

The Year of the 29

This year I turn 29 and to honor my final year in my 20s, I have decided to theme my "Things to Do in 2007" list towards the number 29. Some of these "to do's" may or may not be achievable but I think it will be fun trying. So to supplement my usual list, I now have a 29 themed To Do List. So to kick off 2007, here are some of the things that I want to do this year...

29-Themed To Do's

  • Meet 29 new people
  • Read 29 books
  • Visit 29 cities (this may sound crazy but I travel with work now and think this is doable)
  • Eat at 29 new restaurants
  • Save at least $2900
  • Give at least $2900 to a charity
  • Do 29 hrs of community service
  • Go on 29 hrs worth of dates - and this will not be a continuous 29 hr date:)
  • Work out at least 29 mins a day/4 times a week
  • Play 29 holes of golf
  • Fly on 29 flights
  • Spend 29 hrs at the beach
  • Spend 29 hrs skiing
  • Run 29 miles (okay, 26 miles in a marathon)
  • Lose 29 lbs (No worries, not going to do anything unhealthy and I already started counting against this number in Fall 2006)

Places to Visit:

  • Phoenix, AZ to see Callie
  • Syracuse, NY to visit Mindy/Andy
  • Austin, TX or Puerto Rico with Jane
  • Boston, MA to visit Andrew
  • Prague, Czech
  • Ski somewhere
  • Beach somewhere

Things to do:

  • Go/Be in Weddings: estimated 5

Carryover's from 2006 list:

  • Steeplechase in Atlanta
  • Art Walk on the First Thursday or Castelberry Hill Art Walk
  • Complete a sprint triathalon
  • Take a dance class
  • Skiing in Chile

You may ask how I plan to keep up with all of this but have no fear, I have an Excel spreadsheet and will post what I can at the end of 2007 so you can see how I did. I will also probably add to the list as the year goes on so stay tuned for updates.

1 comment:

Greg and Callie said...

Brooke, what a great plan! Phoenix has to be one of the 29 cities!!! I cracked up when I read the part about the spreadsheet... :)

Happy New Year!

web stats