Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Music - Social Networking

A friend of mine just introduced me to this new website that will track what music you are listening to called Last.fm. It is pretty cool because it shows you what you listen to, gives info about the artist you are listening to, compares your musical tastes to your friends, and lets you make friends with folks that like the same music as you do. It is sort of like MySpace centered around music.

It is kind of scary that I am freely letting someone track what sort of music I like. I think if you are smart enough and have access to enough computer databases, you could probably put together a file on everything I do from where I eat the most, what music I listen to, when I go to the gym, etc - everything we do nowadays is tracked so if someone wanted to map out my life then they probably could. Very scary.

No comments:

web stats