Thursday, January 11, 2007

Old School 90210

My sister gave me the greatest Christmas present this year - the first season of 90210 on DVD. I just laughed and laughed when I got the present because it is so great. In college, 90210 reruns would come on at like 4, 5, 6 and 11 and I remember sophomore year just watching the show over and over again. I remember when Dawson's Creek came on the air and the young-ins in the sorority wanted to take over the house TV to watch that and us old folk wanted to watch 90210. We were so into the show that one of my boyfriends said "Brooke, you know that Brenda, Dylan, Donna, Kelly and Brandon aren't real people!". Very funny memories.

So I have begun watching my new prized possession lately. So far I have watched the first 2 episodes of 90210 which by the way came out in 1990. I cannot believe how bad they dressed - I mean pants up past their waist, yellow leggings with a pink skirt and a print top, ripped jeans with plaid fabric behind it - it is just crazy stuff! The hair is bad too - especially Shannon Doherty's in the 2nd episode because she has hideous bangs. They even say old school stuff like “nimrod” – who even says that today?

I am not even sure that I ever saw the original premiere of 90210. I did notice that they must have taped the premiere and the 2nd episode a few weeks/months apart. Here are my observations of the first 2 episodes. First, Brenda's hair color and style is different - that is the most notable one. Second, the front of the Walsh's house is different looking and same with the interior. Third, Dylan McKay (aka Luke Perry) isn't even in episode 1 - he was definitely my favorite character. Fourth, Dylan lives in a hotel in the 2nd episode and I am pretty sure when he is college age/after college that he goes back to living in a hotel - that is when he was dating Valerie and Vanessa Marcil's character. Fifth, there are a lot of guest stars in 90210 that are famous in their own right now.

No comments:

web stats