Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Things You Don't See Everyday...

Today, I was running after work. I was taking a nice jog down Conneticut to 16th towards The Mall. At the beginning of my run. the police were starting to stop all of the traffic on the cross streets. When I got to the corner of 16th and Pennsylvania, all traffic and people were stopped. As I stood there, I saw the parade of cops and cars drive in bringing the new Iraqi prime minister to visit the President. The Iraqi flag was flying from the cars and from a nearby brick building where the cars all pulled up. How cool is that? On my run back from The Mall, I was thinking "what must he think of America?" - what a melting pot of people all busily moving on the street, getting things done, and living mostly in harmony. Wonder if he thought that? See related article about the visit.

No comments:

web stats