Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cheatin' Is Getting Harder

What is your response when a guy says "Sorry I didn't call, I was out of town." Really, were you out of town for the last month with no cell service? In this day and age of info technology you are pretty much connected to the cell phone on one hip and email on the other unless you live in seclusion in a third world country. In this case, one of two things happened - you really were out of town and just got "busy" or maybe (and also more likely) your girlfriend was the cause that you didn't call. In this day and age of technology with tools like Google, mySpace, blogs, etc it is harder and harder to lie and get away with it. A guy says he wants to go out but low and behold his mySpace profile says he is in a relationship, maybe even says he is married. Even employers are getting in on the action and checking out their potential hires by doing research using Google and mySpace. That in itself would be a good discussion. But, "we" only know what "you" post about yourself. I only know you have a girlfriend because your profile says it, your employer only knows that you really went to a small town college instead of UGA like your resume says when he researches the internet.

I could stop there but want to back-up to Mr Out-of-Town. My theory on his comments are not that he ever planned to call or that he ever plans to call in the future. His comments were mearly a "I want to keep you as an option" because we all want options. I don't think this is strictly guy thing. I want options too. I have prefernces and if Guy A is interested and Guy B is interested, I want to go out with both and then figure out who I like. To answer my own question, what do you say when a guy apologizes for not calling ... if you are quick on your feet like me and know that he has a girlfriend your hightly intellectual response is "Whatever."

No comments:

web stats