Friday, October 26, 2007

Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships by Chip Ingram


Seems that my blog has kind of turned into a review blog. Yes, this is another book review. Maybe I missed my calling in life to write...that can be another blog entry. So onto Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships by Chip Ingram. I just finished reading this book. I actually listened to Chip's talk on this topic about 3 years ago so some of it sounded familar. This book has come at a good time in my life. When I first started the introduction, I immediately but the book down because I didn't want to read something that made me feel bad about being single or read yet again more tips on how to find a mate. I begrudingly picked it up again a few weeks ago and am glad that I did because it has revolutionized how I think about dating, love, and marriage. This book isn't just for singles either it is for married folk, divorcees, young people, old people, etc. I would recommend this book for all ages. I won't attempt to do the book justice by trying to capture the main themes but in general I now of a new and better outlook on how I am going to approach finding love. Instead of waiting for the right person, fall in love, and put all my hopes in a person, I am going to instead become the right person, walk in love, and put my faith in God (ok, so I stole one theme). I am also not going to pressure myself to find the one or fall in love, instead I am looking for male friends. Not dates, friends and if it develops later then great. I think I missed out on some of my greatest loves in college that were my friends because we could never be on the same page about dating. Either I liked them and they didn't like me and vice versa. Good thing is that while I may have missed out on being their great love, they are still my friends to this day. So I encourage everyone (single, married, divorced, dating, etc) to read this book. It will challenge your way of thinking and make you look at relationships in a whole new (and better) way.

No comments:

web stats