Sunday, October 28, 2007

Josh Kelley Rocks!



I just went to the Josh Kelley concert at Smith's Old Bar this weekend. Right now he is touring with Pat McGee and the show was awesome. Josh is quite the entertainer. He not only easily connects with the audience, his songs and voice rocks. He had the whole room grooving to his music and jamming with his band. He is a very likable character and easy on the eyes for us ladies! He mingled with the crowd after his set and while Pat McGee was playing. If you haven't heard his music, then I would definitely check out his website and his myspace page. I usually compare him to Jack Johnson and John Mayer but after going to his concert I think he blows both of them out of the water. I have his CD "Just say the Word" but his Fall Sampler is even better and has some great new and creative songs and is not quite as mello as "Just Say the Word". His music usually falls under the Folk genre but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as Folk, more new rock with a mellow twist. I can't wait for his new CD which comes out in Feb!

Pat McGee put on a good show but not near as entertaining as Josh. About halfway through the show they mentioned that it was the anniversary of the death of their drummer so after that I understood the low key atmosphere a little more. The opening act Sons of William also deserve a shout out. They were not as entertaining as Josh (which makes since because they are newer artist) but their music was pretty good. Definitely check out all these artists! Oh and I will throw out some love for one of my new favorite bands Lady Antebellum. This is a country group made up of Charles Kelley (Josh's bro), Dave Haywood, and Hillary Scott. The two guys and Josh all are from Augusta my hometown so I have to give them a shout out and show some love. Their music is great too so if any of these folks come to your town, it is definitely worth checking them out.

No comments:

web stats