Monday, June 18, 2007

Knocked Up

My sisters and I saw Knocked Up with Katherine Heigel and Seth Rogan. I thought it was funny and definitely a guy and girl type of funny. I was a little shocked by the vulgar language but I should have expected that since it came from the same director as the 40 Year Old Virgin. The movie did make you root for the couple to stay together and you begin to like Seth's character even though he is clearly a loser in the beginning. I will say that in real life there is a .001 chance that the couple who has a one night stand and end up pregnant will actually get together and last. They won't have these fun moments shopping for the baby or going to the doctor. The story was entertaining but if you put it in perspective and think about it in real life then it would never happen that way. The ending wouldn't be so clean and everything wouldn't wrap up nicely. I have seen this happen to people and they are forever broken - even when they are whole, the smallest part feels broken.

No comments:

web stats