Monday, June 11, 2007

Big Love

I watched Big Love last night for the first time on HBO. It is a show about a polygamist family. The show is not short on star power with Bill Paxton, Jean Tripplehorn, Chloe Savigny, and Gennifer Goodwin playing the husband and 3 wives. The show was quite interesting to me. It was especially interesting to see that the 2nd wife said she married both the first wife and the husband not just the husband and then the 3rd wife said the same thing about the 2 wives and the husband. They seemed to work as a team and not really harbor any jealousy - but I do know it was a TV show. I have never watched this show but think I will continue to watch it to see how the storylines develop. The 2nd season just started with the family being outed as polygamists - the first wife had the hardest time with this b/c she was married to Bill for 12 yrs before he took in his 2nd wife and she was dealing with how her life had changed. I can't even imagine being part of a polygamist but they seemed like a typical family full of love.

One note on the latest book that I read - "Wild Justice" by Phillip Margolin. The book is a typical criminal drama/whodoneit kind of storyline. While the plot has a twist at the end, I thought the twist was pretty predictable. I will say that the book made me want to sleep with the lights on and had me jumping at any noise around the house making me think that there was an intruder!

No comments:

web stats