Sunday, January 18, 2009

Example 1,342,532 of Why Girls and Guys Can't Be Friends - #37

So again my theory of guys and girls being friends is blown. Sure I think after some awkwardness and you work through feelings and time passess yadayadayada, you can be friends. But that doesn't gurantee that the issues of the heart won't resurface at some point.

So I really have 2 latest examples. Example 1, I am friends with a guy and we spend a lot of time together eventually one begins to wonder and then there you are up late at night talking and now the balance of the group is thrown off. All the folks in the group just aren't friends and jealousy begins to rear its ugly head. But hey, "you are just friends". And on top of that everyone wants to know - what is up with you and so-and-so, and my answer is that I don't know and I am thinking, I do not want everyone in my business. So the ugly cycle begins again.

Example 2, you are friends, you date your friend, and then you can't be friends. Sure you say you want to be friends. You say hi and go through the motions and you run into each other and try not to be awkward. But if you were friends, at least friends like you use to be, then there would be a lote more to say between you and you wouldn't avoid each other like the plague in a group of 10 people where you each stand on opposite sides of the crowd. And you definitely wouldn't say "You look nice" - why would you say that because that is not a friend-like comment. So, after sometime, we can be friends but not today and not right now. See you in the future.

No comments:

web stats