Sunday, October 26, 2008

Butterflies - Dating Commentary #24

I am looking for those butterflies. I think they define the X factor in the relationship, the chemistry. I know when I get them because my stomach starts to hurt, my heart begins to beat faster, and I think I may get flushed. I use to think that you had to feel those butterflies immediately because that it how it was with my first love. But I have learned that butterflies can develop. For instance, I didn't even give a recent interest a second look when I first met him. But after being friends for awhile and hanging out in social situations and then after a few frates and then a few dates, I got the butterflies. I got nervous when I called him. So the butterflies were starting when we put the brakes on the whole thing. But you do have to be careful to make sure the butterflies are true and not just the chase factor which it may have been in this case. Also, an old flame can generate those butterflies but I think that is probably due the stress they caused in your life at some point:)

So I am looking for those butterflies. Will they come right away and be instant "love or first sight" or will one day I look at a friend or a guy I have been dating and my heart will skip a beat?

1 comment:

Mommy of Grace and Joy said...

BUTTERFLIES - It has been a long time since I have had "butterflies." I do remember having them with Mark soon after he and I started dating, which was only about 12 years ago!!! Oh my goodness - 12 years ago - am I getting old or what??!!! Read Psalm 27:14 - Those "butterflies" will come some day!!!!

web stats