Sunday, October 08, 2006

We Just Want a Little Romance

I think Meredith on Grey's Anatomy has it right - we women just want to be romanced. We want to feel special, we want to be taken out to dinner, we want to be told that we are beautiful. We don't want it to be a competition, we don't want it to be just about the physical. We want a connection. I wish I could find the dialog from Thursday's episode online so I could post it here. I realized tonight, that dating has stopped being romantic and I don't know why and when it happened. There is no romance these days only bad dates and one night stands. There needs to be more. We as women need to demand more from our dates. We need to have respect for ourselves and demand romance. Call me, woo me, date me. Bring a flower to the door, pick me up at the door and not just blow your horn, call to see how my day is going, email me to say why you like me and that you enjoy spending time with me, give me a card for no reason, make me feel special, take me out to more than dinner and a movie...I want to find my guy who I say "I want to sit across from you at breakfast for the rest of my life."

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

Matt-Thought you were going to comment on the LOST questions. Anyway, to answer your question - yes. That is what I want. I have been there and seen the romance and that is what I want - it is what girls should want (in my opinion at least).

Amanda said...

Brooke - Don't give up on romance! It's still out there - just have to go through all the bad dates to make you realize how great the really good ones are:)

Brooke said...

A-I totally agree with you. I just think that most girls have lowered their standards and accept the bad dates and don't demand the romance. I think I have been through enough bad dates - it is time to go through the good ones! I just need to find the romantic dates - or have them find me!

web stats