Saturday, August 23, 2008

He's Not Into You...Wait - Dating Commentary #14

Just when I was ready to write off my dating friend as not being into me, he calls. Of course he does and the odd thing is that it is a Sat night and he could have call all week long to check in how I was doing. Why are you checking in if you aren't interested, I think? Then I think, why aren't you asking me out while you are calling me so maybe you aren't interested. So I am confused. I am not good at this casual dating thing. When I decide that I am interested in someone then I want to make room for them in my life. And I have a busy life. So it isn't that I want to see you every day but once on the weekend would be nice - even if it is an hr to grab coffeee. I want to make that room for you. Does everyone think like this? Or is this is a new stage of dating that I have to get through to get to expect to see the other person regularly? Are their rules to this crazy dating dance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one is so busy during the week that they can't make a 10 minute phone call. EVERYONE looks forward to the weekend and thinks about it during the work week... Even people who sit at home all weekend just watching Brewers games, golf, and Wisconsin football plan their weekends during the work week.

Anonymous said...

I have a question. How does one stay at home and play golf at the same time? Inquiring minds want to know.

web stats