Saturday, December 16, 2006

Runner's High

What they say is true. After running for a significant distance, when you are done you feel like you have accomplished something. I just finished running about 4.8 miles for about 50 minutes. That may not seem like much but that is the most and longest I have fun without stopping for a walking break in probably 3 years. I started training for a half marathon that is in March and this week is the 5 mile week. I estimated I ran 5 miles and when I drove it, I came up short so good to know for next time. I feel good though. My feet and right knee hurt but I am going to the doctor soon so hopefully I will be able to remedy that problem and continue with my training program. I wanted to write this up in my blog so when I think I can't do it or don't want to run, I will be reminded of the Runner's High. Of course I was outside running in 65 degree weather in December - not sure how many 65 degree days we will have between now and March but the important thing to remember that I can do it. I probably would have kept on running except I had to get home to meet some friends. Some days I don't even want to run the 1 mile but today I was in the zone and gosh it feels good. Half marathon, here I come!

No comments:

web stats