Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Movie Review

Seems like my blog may turn into a review of things that I see/do or places that I go.
This weekend I saw The Sentinel. Going into the movie, I didn't know much about it other than Eva Longoria was in it. The movie seems familar in that it is about a Secret Service agent who has been accused of plotting against the President, only they have the wrong agent, and he has to set out to prove his innocence. It sounds like The Fugitive - maybe that is why I kept picturing Harrison Ford in Michael Douglas' role. This is a "been there, done that" storline however you can't go wrong with a story centered around Washington, the White House, and the President. Or at least, I can't go wrong. There is an excellent cast - Kiefer Sutherland, Michael Douglas, Kim Basinger, and Evan Longoria barely rounds out the top billing group. Eva's roll is small but she proves that she is more than a Desparate Housewife.

While I am giving reviews, I give Strip, the new sushi/steakhouse in Atlantic Station, 2 thumbs up. I ate sushi so I was able to go right in and forego the 1.5 hr wait downstairs to sit at a booth. The atmosphere was very New York. It was loud downstairs but the volume and atmoshere was just right on the 2nd floor. They also have a nice outside patio on the 3rd floor that looks cozy - this will definitely be a hot spot for summer 2006. I recommend this restaraunt for a first date - if you order sushi because it is a little quiter then you can head up to the 3rd floor or 2nd floor balcony for drinks. Here is the opening PR for the restaurant.

No comments:

web stats